Chief Financial Officer - Berkeley
We are assisting one of our clients in their search for a Chief Financial Officer. This is their job posting:
As a key member of the Executive Management Team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and assume a strategic role in setting the direction of the company. The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for day-to-day planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all company financial-related activities. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, finance, cash flow, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships, partnership compliance, and private and institutional financing.
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED.
As a key member of the Executive Management Team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and work closely with the COO in assuming a strategic role in setting the direction of our company. The CFO will be responsible for day-to-day planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all company financial-related activities. This includes direct responsibility for accounting; overseeing the financial department’s employees; forecasting; strategic planning; job costing; legal; property management; deal analysis and negotiations; investor relationships; partnership compliance; and private and institutional financing.
- Provides leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short-term and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Enforces credibility of Finance & Accounting Teams by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Takes hands-on leadership role in developing, implementing and maintaining a comprehensive cost accounting system.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Manages the year-end audit process with our accounting firm.
- Responsible for the delivery of GAAP financial statements, producing accurate costing reports and implementing sound accounting protocols.
- Evaluates and advises Executive Management Team on the potential impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with senior executives to identify issues, understand their needs and deliver appropriate business solutions.
- Advises Executive Management Team on the financial implications of business activities.
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensures effective internal controls are in place and in compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Manages bank relationships and credit facility amendment process.
- Explanations for variances between budget and forecast.
- Customer credit risk management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desired.
- Prior experience as a controller or managing a controller.
- 5-7(+) years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in consumer goods.
- Strong technology background and high level PC proficiency.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage effectively at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency, and result-oriented.
- Self-motivated, extremely organized and collaborative partner able to assess processes involving several people and touchpoints, and a desire to continuously increase efficiency and drive productivity.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of SAP Business One and Excel is preferred.
The company offers a benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance and paid time off. Qualified candidates only please submit your resume. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an ESOP where all employees become shareholders. Bay Area Candidates Preferred.
About the Organization
The Company designs and produces outdoor entertaining products centered around food and particularly outdoor cooking. The Company has a broadly diversified product offering which is sold through major retail chains and on-line channels. The Company has approximately 60 employees, is privately-held and partially owned by an ESOP. Revenues are between $30m and $50m.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, F/M/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.