Audit Staff Associate
Shea Labagh Dobberstein has openings for staff associate accountants in our San Francisco office. The position requires good communication and listening skills.
- Work on assigned segments of audit or accounting engagements, in some instances assuming substantial responsibility (under supervision) for small accounting engagements involving compiled or reviewed financial statements and tax returns
- Perform risk assessment procedures including obtaining an understanding of internal controls and assessment of control risk as well as development of further audit procedures
- Monitor progress of assigned segments of audit or accounting engagements in relation to budgets and due dates and communicate issues to supervisors on a timely basis
- Prepare adequate documentation in compliance with professional standards and firm policies and procedures
- Prepare tax returns and financial statements
- Stay up to date on Firm policies, procedures, and the AICPA and state CPA society’s rules, regulations and Code of Ethics
- Regularly read and be familiar with pronouncements from the AICPA and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- Prepare for and obtain a CPA license in California
- BA/BS required
- Senior in college pursuing BA/BS in Accounting or recent graduate
- Positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to function as a member of a team
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Top Reasons to Work with Shea Labagh Dobberstein
- Established (75 years) public accounting firm with highly regarded reputation in the community. You will get to work with a team of highly experienced industry specialists.
- Culture of promoting from within and opportunities for professional growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Great work-life balance
- 4.0+ overall rating on Glassdoor
About Our Firm
Shea Labagh Dobberstein (SLD), one of the longest-standing and most respected independent accounting firms in the San Francisco Bay Area, provides a full spectrum of professional accounting, auditing, tax and consulting services. Exceptional service is a top priority, as clients across the nation rely on the firm’s professionals to be their advisor.
SLD has been named by INSIDE Public Accounting as a “Best of the Best” and “Top 200” Firm in the U.S., and employees recognize the firm as a top place to work (consistently rated over 4.0 on Glassdoor). Employees work with a smart and dedicated team of professionals within the stability of a 75-year-old firm.
SLD has offices in San Francisco, San Mateo and Walnut Creek with convenient access to public transportation. Apply today to become a part of our growing team!
SLD is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, handicap, disability or veteran status. For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.